Oakville View Estate
elegant Modern estate on 285 acres above Oakville
Oakville View Estate
This contemporary Napa Valley estate, designed by award-winning architect S. Russell Groves, is perched atop the crest of the Mayacamas ridge line and features expansive vistas of dramatic natural geography and iconic rolling vineyards. The grand residence has been meticulously crafted with sophistication, strength and luxurious materials and finishes throughout. Groves, a member of the AD 100, presents his visionary design by creating an elegant modern aesthetic infused Napa Valley estate with comfort and style.
As one ascends the private driveway, glimpses of legendary Napa Valley views unfold and culminate upon arrival at the elegantly designed estate sitting in perfect harmony with the natural setting.
A sophisticated and multifaceted retreat, the property features multiple dwellings as well as an assortment of luxurious lifestyle amenities. The 10,000+/- square foot main residence consists of six bedrooms, seven bathrooms, and an expansive great room that embraces the home’s natural surroundings by means of a floor to ceiling retractable glass wall opening to the covered patio and infinity pool. These retractable glass doors are found again in the master bedroom and bathroom, providing a consistent experience of indoor/outdoor living. The design of the great room highlights the property’s sweeping Napa Valley views by creating an unimpeded sightline that carries beyond the pool perched 1,420+/- feet above the valley floor. The great room boasts two dining areas, a large chef’s kitchen with an impressively over-sized marble island, bespoke oak cabinetry complemented by custom light fixtures and anchored by an S. Russell Groves designed chandelier. Conveniently close by is the 600+/- bottle wine room to help encapsulate the Napa Valley experience. The spacious master suite continues to emphasize the merging of indoors with outdoors with floor to ceiling retractable sliding glass doors opening to awe-inspiring views of the surrounding Mayacamas range. This tranquil tone is further complemented by the master bath; the embodiment of a personal spa, featuring a marble slab bathtub and glass-walled shower. This space unfolds into a secluded garden complete with his and her open-air showers.
This impressive family home comes complete with a sound engineered home theater room with sound that must be experienced, scullery, two private offices, four striking fireplaces, and a personal gym. The thoughtful and artistic design so beautifully introduce amenities that maximize the harmonious nature of true Napa Valley lifestyle. These amenities include engineered oak flooring, hydronic heating, hand forged ornamental metal railing to the second floor and adorning the fireplaces and kitchen, and artisan crafted Heath ceramic tiles that complement the chic interior while paying homage to the rustic exterior.
The private guesthouse includes two en-suite rooms, a state of the art kitchen, perfectly proportioned fireplace and its own patio located a comfortable distance from the main house. For the outdoor enthusiast, the grounds provide a tennis court and a private hiking trail winding through the 285 +/-acre estate property that gives access to a network of hiking trails, of which the future owner would have the right to use.
This offering also includes a separate 95-acre parcel with a level building pad ready for development of an additional estate home, modern workspace, or agricultural opportunity. The lot improvements include a private, paved driveway to building pad, PG&E service, and a well with strong water production. Set upon a knoll, the serene privacy of the building site is amplified by the extensive vineyard and mountain views. Alternatively, buyer(s) are encouraged to explore the feasibility of potential winery and vineyard development on the Property. High above Oakville, the pedigree of wineries in view is unparalleled.
Buyers are welcomed to explore the feasibility of permitting the second parcel to be used as an estate winery. The hillside topography may pose some planting challenges, however, the highly regarded terroir, microclimate, and access to water seem ideal for the consideration of vineyards with Bordeaux-style varietals within the Oakville AVA of Napa Valley. This sub-appellation is one of the most highly sought-after mountain AVA’s in Napa Valley and thus, the world. The hillside topography also seems ideal for cave development with innovative design possibilities for both winery and its operations all within close proximity to the idyllic family estate.
The home has been featured in Architectural Digest, GQ, and Groves and Co. websites. Click images below for the full story.
- 10,592+/- sq ft primary residence
- 6 bedrooms / 7 bathrooms
- 285+/- acres with ultimate privacy and serenity (two legal parcels)
- Guest House with 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms / kitchen / fireplace
- Second parcel includes building-ready pad, well, preliminary septic
Estate Home Details
- Expansive great room with 24'+/- ceilings and wood burning fireplace
- Custom chandelier anchors the Great Room
- Infinity pool overlooking Napa Valley with integrated spa and automated cover
- Temperature controlled 600+/- bottle wine room
- Large primary kitchen with marble island, dining area, and breakfast room
- Second Private Chef's kitchen with range, refrigerator and freezer
- Master Suite with fireplace and retractable glass doors opening to Napa Valley views
- Indoor/outdoor spa inspired Master Bathroom
- Master wing also comprises a yoga/meditation room, his/hers walk-in closets, and office
- Sound engineered theatre / media room with two projectors and premium A/V system
- Personal gym
- Office with fireplace and Valley views
- Outdoor kitchen with Viking range off Great Room
- 3 car garage with Tesla charger
- Engineered oak flooring throughout
- Heath Tile in various locations
- Multiple venues for entertaining and relaxing
- Valley views
- Located in Oakville AVA
- Option to purchase custom, high-design furnishings
- Infinity pool perched on hillside overlooking the Napa Valley
- Gas fire-pit adjacent to infinity pool with views of the valley
- Grand Porch
- Fireplace, entertaining area, rotisserie BBQ, outdoor kitchen
- Comfortable yet elegant seating overlooking Napa Valley
- Two private outdoor showers off Master Suite set on wood decking
- Private network of hiking trails
- Tennis Court
- Play structure
- Ample guest parking
The Construction and Design Team
- Inspiration and Design by S. Russell Groves
- Architect - Wayne Leong
- General Contractor - Cello and Maudru Construction
- Interior Designer - S. Russell Groves
- Landscape Architect - Lutsko Associates
- Audiovisual Consultant - Margraf Systems
- Media Room Consultant - Performance Media Ltd.
- Lighting Designer - Traux Associates
- Civil Engineer - Delta Consulting and Engineering
Systems and Fixtures
- IT and A/V systems
- SONOS based house sound with Sonance speakers and Episode and Lab.Gruppen amplifiers
- NEST Protect and A/C system
- Phantom retractable screens and Insolroll shades throughout
- Automatic lighting control
- Hydronic floor heating system throughout house
- Retractable sliding glass wall in Great Room
- Security systems with fire alarm, burglar and video systems
- Top Tier Appliances
- SubZero refrigerator / Freezer(s)
- Wolf Gas Range(s) / Microwave / Warming Drawer
- Meile Dishwasher(s)
- Subzero Wine Storage
- Wolf Outdoor Gas Grille
- Miele Washer / Dryer